Ever wondered why there are a lot of people who wanted to travel? If a person decide to leave the comforts of their homes and venture other places there is a reason behind it. Whether that cause of travel is out of impulse or purposely done, it makes one think about the reasons why people travel.
Let’s look and see if ever the reasons I listed here answers your question why you are travelling or will be travelling.
1. Romance- There are thousands of people who are involved in long distance relationships. At some point though, they need to see each other. For the sake of love, people will travel for hours to spend as much time as they can with the love of their life.
2. Relaxation- All work and no play is not a good thing. People need to get away from the stress of everyday life, and a nice sunny location with a beach might just be what the doctor ordered.
3. Family/ Friends -Many people have family/friends that are located in different parts of the world. They need to visit with them even if it's for a short period of time.
4. Religion- There are places in the world that hold religious importance for many people. Religious travel is often related to a purpose such as seeing where the last pope was buried, or traveling to the town where Jesus was born.
5. Death- A relative, friend or acquaintance has passed away and travel is required to attend the funeral which is located out of town.
6. Honeymoon- You're getting married and are going somewhere special to celebrate. This usually occurs right after the wedding, but there are many occasions where people celebrate a honeymoon years later.
7. Education-You're getting your education somewhere other than where you live or you are going away on an educational school trip.
8. Celebration- Wedding, Anniversary, Birthday, Birth- There's always something to celebrate and it doesn't always happen where you live.
9. Medical/Health- Sometimes the treatment you need isn't available in the city/town where you live. Often the best medical care is costly and requires travel to receive it.
10. Work- Job requirements might mean a fair bit of travel is involved. Even if the travel is within your own country it still has a purpose attached to it.
Overall, traveling can be a wonderful experience or it can be draining, expensive and just plain torture. Nonetheless if you need to go then embrace it for what it is, and try to make the best of it even if it wasn't planned.
For me, traveling is my way of self discovery and challenging my limits. A way to discover new places and cultures of people and at the same time getting away from the stressful work environment which I know most of you will agree.
Cheers to all travelers!!